The objective of the expert meeting is to present, discuss, disseminate and finalize the findings of a regional report, Sexual and Reproductive Health Integration in Selected Arab Countries(Phase 2), and to present and discuss a regional SRH integration framework.
The key objectives of the workshop include:
1.Present the results of the regional report;
- Discuss developing the regional SRH integration framework;
- Suggest a better way going forward.
- To what extent do policies and legislation in the countries of the region support the provision of comprehensive sexual and reproductive health care?
- What constraints are there on health systems in the region that prevent universal health coverage, in terms of sexual and reproductive health care?
- Which groups are left out in terms of access to care?
- Where are the gaps and what can be done about them?
The workshop will bring together some 60 experts, policymakers, private and public sector representatives, civil society organizations, international organizations and health practitioners from around the region. Some sessions are structured around presentations followed by open discussions, while others are moderated discussions between participants and key experts.