The MENA HPF Advisory Committee is one of the main bodies of the Forum. The Advisory Committee is appointed by the Board of Trustees and is comprised of up to seven members including the Advisory Committee Chairperson. Members of the Advisory Committee are Members of the Forum or of other independent qualified persons whom are experienced, knowledgeable professionals committed to the advancement of the mission of the MENA Forum.
The duties of the Advisory Committee are:
- To review and topropose nominations for Membership of the Forum.
- To advise the Board of Trustees on technical matters related to the selection of health policy themes and issues worthy of focus.
- To advise the Board of Trustees on the criteria and processes required to assure the quality of the Forum’s output.
- To recommend actions by the Board of Trustees in furtherance of the Forum’s mission.
- Carry out other assignments that may be decided by the Board of Trustees.
Current Advisory Committee Composition and Membership:
President, Health Systems and Health Manpower Development
Lebanese HealthCare Management Association
Centre for Health Service Economics & Organisation
Nuffield College, Oxford UK
Chief Field Health Programme, UNRWA
West Bank, Palestine
Dr. Sameh El Saharty
Senior Health Policy Specialist, South Asia Region, World Bank
Professor of Preventive and Community Medicine
University Hospital of Monastir, Tunisia
Health system officer
World Health Organization's office
Senior Health Economist
World Bank Group
Deputy Manager for GAVI/GF ATM HSS Unit
Sudan Federal Ministry of Health